Book Recommendations Based on Taylor Swift songs

 Being both a Taylor Swift fan and an avid reader means that I’ve, on numerous occasions, found myself listening to a Taylor song and thinking about a certain character or a book. I’ve seen a few people do this trend on both TikTok and Instagram, so I thought I’d have a go of it too and recommend you a book that I’ve read based on a Taylor Swift song that you love.

·         If you love The Lucky One by Taylor Swift, you should read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

‘Everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool. So overnight you look like a sixties queen’

Okay, let’s be real. I couldn’t write this blog post and not include this book. It’s packed full of moments and characters that will make you think of a plethora of Taylor Swift songs, but this one in particular always stands out to me. For more about the book, including trigger and content warnings, click here.

 

·         If you love London Boy by Taylor Swift, you should read Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

‘They say home is where the heart is. But God, I love the English. You know I love a London Boy.’

This book had my heart bursting and there are a few other Taylor songs that could probably work really well with it too but this is clearly the obvious choice. Click here for more about the book and for trigger and content warnings.

 

·         If you love No Body, No Crime by Taylor Swift, you should read Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron

‘I think he did it but I just can’t prove it.’

To me, this song screams ‘kill the patriarchy’ and what better book to recommend that has the same energy than this one? This book will definitely ignite a fire in your belly and the song really does capture that same essence. You can read more about the book and its trigger and content warnings here.

·         If you love Coney Island by Taylor Swift, you should read One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston

‘I’m on a bench in Coney Island, wondering where did my baby go?’

This song may not completely match the same vibes as One Last Stop but certain lyrics of it really do take me into that universe and, obviously, the fact that the book is set in NYC really does help too. I could probably pick a few other Taylor songs for this book too but for now I’ll leave you daydreaming about Coney Island… You can click here to read up about the book and for the trigger and content warnings.

·         If you love Evermore by Taylor Swift, you should read Afterlove by Tanya Byrne

‘Catching my death, and I couldn’t be sure. I had a feeling so peculiar. That this pain would be for Evermore’

This song really does hit me with the emotions that the characters and the plot of this book brought on and I think a lot of Folklore and Evermore era Taylor songs have me thinking of this book. Click here to read more about the book, including trigger and content warnings.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home