Book Recommendations: Part Two

 I can’t believe it’s been a month since my first ‘Book Recommendations’ post. I had so much fun writing it and received positive feedback for it, so I thought I’d do another one. I’m thinking of doing them monthly (aiming to drop them on the 7th of each month) because I love sharing books that I’ve really enjoyed reading.

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

If you know me at all, then you’ll know that I haven’t shut up about this book since reading it. I’m also convinced that Taylor Swift read this book and decided to make it her entire personality because so many of her songs can relate to the story. And who can blame her really? The story follows Hollywood icon Evelyn Hugo as she recalls the story of her life, a forbidden love and her various marriages. Evelyn opens up to journalist Monique Grant who learns there is so much more to Evelyn than meets the eye – but will Monique like everything she learns about Evelyn? A tale full of emotion, the ruthlessness and glamour of Hollywood life, tragedy and love. (Trigger/Content Warnings: Death, Domestic Abuse, Sexual Assault, Homophobia, Biphobia, Sexism)

Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender

I loved this book immediately because of how unapologetically queer, heartfelt and moving it is. This YA novel follows Felix Love who painfully sees the irony in having ‘love’ as a surname but never having been in love himself. Felix is navigating life as a teenager as well as struggling with feeling so marginalised to ever get a happily ever after. Felix’s life is turned upside down when an anonymous account publicly deadnames him, shares his pre-transition photos and begins to send him transphobic messages. Felix’s plan for revenge leaves him in a catfish related love triangle whilst still going on a journey to work on the most important relationship in his life: the one with himself. (Trigger/Content Warnings: Transphobia, Deadnaming, Cyberbullying, Misgendering, Outing)

Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

Another book recommendations list that includes a Casey McQuiston book? Not surprising, really. An enemies-to-lovers trope involving the American First Son and a British Prince? Who wouldn’t be sold on this story? What starts off as a fake friendship between Alex Claremont-Diaz and Prince Henry blossoms into something beautiful but with a re-election campaign hanging in the balance as well as this secret relationship, Alex and Henry find themselves questioning what exactly they’re willing to sacrifice – including each other. This is a book that I truly never wanted to end because I was obsessed and connected with the characters in such a deep way, despite them being of Royal descent and being a First Son. (Trigger/Content Warnings: Outing, Parental Death, Homophobia, Addiction, Grief)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home