Blogmas 2019 - Day Six: A Few Things I Love To Do Over The Christmas Period


There are so many different things to do at Christmas time, from visiting different festive markets to eating mince pies and watching your favourite Christmas films to decorating your home for the season (yes these are all things I love to do/want to do more of). For Blogmas Day Six, I thought I would share with you a few of the things I love to do over the Christmas period.

Having a festive hot chocolate
Coffee Shop dates with my girlfriend are one of my favourite things to do and it’s made even better when one or more of the coffee shops have a Christmas special hot chocolate that takes my fancy. This year it’s all about Costa’s hazelnut and praline hot chocolate for me and Jade’s festive drink of choice is the gingerbread latte from Costa – that even comes with a little gingerbread man! There’s just something about being all cosy during Christmas in a coffee shop and watching the world pass by whilst everywhere is all decorated for the season.

Seeing the decorations around London
As I’ve mentioned before, London at Christmas is extra beautiful to me. There’s lights and decorations everywhere and they just help to make those cold and darker days that bit better. Lots of cake shops, pubs, bars, restaurants, shops etc all join in with the festivities and the front of their establishments are always covered in different festive decorations which naturally becomes heaven for content creators. Personally, I love visiting the different places to see the decorations they have, eat a cupcake and take some photos.

Watching Christmas films
Obviously, this had to be on the list. There are so many Christmas films out there that as soon as our tree and decorations go up in our house, we start watching any and all of the movies that we love, as well as the new ones that are inevitably brought out by the likes of Netflix. Wearing my warmest pyjamas, fluffiest socks and eating all the snacks are definitely essentials whilst I’m watching a Christmas film. You know, as well as some tissues because I’ll inevitably cry at one or more of the movies on my list.

Buying gifts for loved ones
Obviously presents aren’t the main focal point of Christmas, but for me, I love thinking about and picking out presents for the loved ones in my life. I love putting thought into knowing what they truly love or something they may have mentioned to me in passing that they wanted or needed and then surprising them with it. Christmas is about making others happy and I love knowing that I can make someone even a little bit happy through a small present or a card.


These are just a few of the things I love about the Christmas period, and I’m sure there are lots more that I haven’t included in this post! Let me know some things that you love to do during the season.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home