My Top 5 Attractions at Disneyland Paris

As I mentioned in my first post, I have been to Disneyland Paris six times, inclusive of my first trip in June 2016. Thus far, it is the only Disney park I have visited but it’s home for me. Without a doubt, my favourite thing to do is meeting characters. However, attractions are a big part of Disneyland and they are definitely a big part of my trips. Most thrill rollercoasters aren’t particularly my thing – although we do try and give at least one a go whenever we can. The rides I focus on in this post are a mixed bag but are all family-friendly.


5. Pirates of the Caribbean
One of my favourite things about this attraction is the completely dimmed lighting of the walkaway and décor that surrounds you whilst you queue. This combination adds to the excitement of the upcoming voyage through to the 17th century. Once you embark on the journey, you’re greeted with the infamous ‘Yo Ho, Yo Ho (A Pirates Life For Me)’ song to sing along to as you sail through this pirate adventure. The views you enjoy (including the Captain Jack’s restaurant) on your way add to the enjoyment of the ride as you prepare to drop…without forgetting to pose for the camera! This is definitely always a must-do on a DLP trip.

4. Peter Pan’s Flight
With Peter Pan already being so special to us; it only made sense that this ever popular attraction would be on my top five favourites. All it takes is some faith, pixie dust and…a galleon, and you’re flying through the infamous scenes of the story of Peter Pan. From the landmarks of London such as Big Ben to visiting the Lost Boys in Neverland, this magical journey is the one for Peter Pan enthusiasts. Whilst humming along with the beloved song, the story of Peter, Wendy and Captain Hook unfolds in front of your eyes. It’s a must do if you want to fulfil your dream of visiting Neverland.

3. Phantom Manor
Located in the adventurous Frontierland, Phantom Manor incorporates the tales of Thunder Mesa and takes you through the Manor of the Western settler known as Henry Ravenswood. It was rumoured an earthquake (perhaps a curse?) killed Henry and his wife; leaving their daughter alone in the mansion, never taking off her wedding dress as the man she was engaged to never showed up. All that remained was the evil phantom that stalked and mocked her throughout the hallways and rooms of the mansion. As we board the doombuggy, we’re transported through the manor and greeted by the voice of the phantom and any other ghoul that may be lurking… This attraction is for you if you enjoy the history presented throughout Frontierland and if you can handle the spooks of the Manor!

2. Star Tours
Ever wish you could go on an adventure with C-3PO and blow up the Death Star? Or visit Hoth and pretend you’re fighting alongside Luke, Leia and Han? Well, if you’re like me and have a passion for Star Wars then my second favourite attraction is for you. Before embarking, you’re given your 3d glasses and a safety video is shown. Once you’re strapped in, you’re whisked away in light speed for your Star Wars adventure. With over seventy possible combinations, you’re in for a treat, and don’t forget to look out for some familiar faces!

1. Big Thunder Mountain
A runaway mine train cart? Raging Waterfalls? Haunted mountain? Big Thunder Mountain has it all and then some. As soon as you board the mine train, you’re plummeted through the ghostly town and taken on a journey filled with points of darkness, sharp turns and scenic views of the Disneyland Park. The story of Big Thunder Mountain is that gold was discovered in the town of Thunder Mesa in the 1850s. It soon became apparent that the miners weren’t alone though as empty trains would race through the mountain and ghostly sounds were heard. Another ghost town was established and Big Thunder Mountain was born. The twists and turns will leave you screaming in excitement and the adrenaline pumping through your veins will leave you wanting more.



So there we have it! My top five favourite attractions in Disneyland Paris. There’s quite a variety in there and each one holds its own unique story; making the attraction interesting for a whole different range of people. What are your top five favourite attractions in Disneyland? Do we share similar favourites?

Comments

  1. I loved Peter Pan's flight when we went to DLP I'm not a fan of big thrill rides this was cute and so pretty to see! I was gutted that Big Thunder Mountain was shut when we last went so I haven't got to ride it yet but I've booked a trip for December so I can't wait to go on it! Can't believe Crush's Coaster hasn't made it into your top 5! That was my favourite!!

    Jess xx
    foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I was not a fan of Crush’s Coaster at all, haha! 🙈 xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home