Why Visiting Disneyland Paris Means A Lot To Me


Does anyone else get constantly asked why they go back to Disney or ‘It’s the same thing every time – why do you want to go back?’ or is that just me? A lot of the time I just tend to simply reply, ‘because it makes me happy’ and whilst that’s obviously true, I thought I’d use this as motivation to write a blog post tackling exactly Why Visiting Disney Means a Lot To Me.

Disney has always meant a lot to me from when I was a young child. Whether it was when I was a baby that refused to eat her lunch unless 101 Dalmatians was on TV or as a teenager that loved visiting the old style Disney Store whenever she could. Disney has always been so special to me so it only makes sense that visiting the Disney Parks would mean a lot to me also.

My Happy Place
As I said, when people ask me why I go to Disneyland Paris so often, I tend to reply ‘because it makes me happy’, and this is true. People always refer to Disney as ‘the happiest place on earth’ and as cheesy as it may sound (but seriously – who doesn’t love cheesy?), this saying hits the nail on the head. Whether its walking down Main Street, riding Big Thunder Mountain or simply having breakfast in the Cable Car Bake Shop; my heart is full of happiness, and although my problems don’t magically disappear and I’m not magically free of my struggles – I feel lighter when I’m in Disneyland Paris and feel as though I can take on the world. We all need a happy bubble to escape into, and DLP is definitely mine.

Safe Space To Feel Like A Couple
This reason may seem surprising to a lot of people, but one of the main reasons that I love visiting Disney so much is because to me, it feels like the one place my girlfriend and I can comfortably act like a couple; just by simply being able to hold hands without feeling like people are either staring at you or making rude remarks. At home, there’s a lot of times I don’t even feel comfortable or safe holding hands with my girlfriend for fear of homophobia. In Disney, the magic seems to completely take over and whilst I know that homophobia still exists within a lot of people, I feel safe from it in Disney. I don’t feel like I’m being stared at, nor do I feel scared to hold my girlfriend’s hand proudly.

I Can Truly Be Myself
This is one reason that is not strictly limited to Disney because at home, I am comfortable enough to a certain extent to be myself, but in Disney (although you still get some stares for colourful and extravagant outfits), I feel like I can be myself through the outfits I wear or running and hugging my favourite characters. I’m not saying that everyone you encounter won’t give you weird looks or judge you because, in their eyes “Disney is for kids”, but I’m in my bubble so I try not to let them bother me. I’m there to enjoy myself and have the best time in my happy place, so I’m not going to let anyone from enjoying myself.


Disneyland Paris is without a doubt my happy place and obviously, it’s not all going to be amazing. You do come across rude and self-entitled people because unfortunately, you’ll find those people – even in Disney. However, the magic really is everywhere and my time in Disney is always practically perfect in every way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home