DLP Halloween Trip Report


Before I start – Happy Halloween!
Halloween season may now be coming to an end but that doesn’t mean I’m not still dying (see what I did there?) to share my thoughts and favourite things about Disneyland Paris’ 2018 Halloween season.

If you read my post before my Halloween trip, you would know the things that I was looking forward to during the season. It is honestly safe to say that I had the best time ever this trip, and even though the really high temperatures took us by surprise (hello Sunday afternoon trip to Primark in Val D’Europe to buy lighter clothing); we still enjoyed every spooky second of the trip.

Characters
As I mentioned in my previous post, the character meets were something I was incredibly excited for, and its safe to say that it was perhaps the highlight of this Halloween trip. We met: Jack Skellington (whilst I was bounding as Sally in a beautiful dress made by KingdomCraftedCo and ears by RosesAndThornsEars – all of which he’d said he’d have to tell Sally about), Stitch (who is my favourite character and I was bounding as him so got so much love from him), Mickey and Minnie in their Mariachi outfits, Cheshire Cat, Maleficent, Devil Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Queen of Hearts and Frollo. The last two were the only villains we got to meet after the Its Good To Be Bad show, but the unexpected boiling hot sun and the crowding/random selection of that meet system wasn’t something we were fond of. However, the character interactions we did have were so much fun – and the costumes and accessories that the spooky season brings with it makes for even more fun and interesting interactions.



Mickey’s Halloween Celebration Parade
Along with character meets, this was one of my ultimate favourite aspects about the Halloween season in Disneyland Paris. The parade was similar to that of 2016, however it this time included a Phantom Manor inspired float, additional characters and a stop that  had me dancing and singing along for days after. The show stopped when it approached central plaza and made use of all four of the stages. Our favourite was definitely the stage with the spooky Phantom Manor inspired Bride and Groom. The spookiness of the characters accompanied by the song Great Big Year by Scott Erickson only added to the atmosphere; especially as it follows on from the much loved song, Vive La Vie which really screams Halloween/Harvest at Disney for me. The parade boasts heaps of energy, fun and left everyone beaming with happiness and their hearts bursting with joy. Or maybe that was just us.



Decorations
If you know me, then you’ll know Frontierland is my favourite out of all the lands in Disney. So when I first stepped into Frontierland this month, my breath was taken away when I saw it adorned with Halloween and Día De Muertos decorations alike. The pumpkin people, the Mickey and Minnie colourful pumpkins, the bunting and the beautiful new Coco wall all added to making Frontierland even more visually stunning; particularly at dusk, when I must admit, I teared up at the sheer beauty of it. Main Street included much of the same decorations as usual and still looked as beautiful as ever. All of this simply allowed for more photo opportunities and time to simply appreciate the beauty of the Park.




It’s Good To Be Bad
The infamous Villains show was back, and I was so excited about it; having all the villains on stage along with Maleficent Donald just screams a perfect Halloween show. As I mentioned earlier, I’m still not a fan of the way the meets with the villains are held after the show but aside from that – It’s Good to Be Bad was still as thoroughly enjoyable as ever and I would definitely like to see it return once again for Halloween!



In my post before my Halloween trip, I mentioned how I was excited to try the various Halloween themed food on offer, but due to a number of factors (the warmth being one), we only ended up trying the chocoboo (a mallow filled chocolate spooky treat) which ended up being too sickly sweet for me!



Halloween in Disney is honestly one of the best experiences ever and if you weren’t able to make it this year – I would definitely recommend trying to visit during the Halloween season next year or in the future. If you did visit – what was your favourite thing about Halloween in Disneyland Paris?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home