Coping With Post Disney Blues


Post Disney Blues is something I’m sure we’re all familiar with. That feeling you get just after you’ve left the magic bubble; sort of displaced and not knowing what to do with yourself. It’s the realisation that your day won’t consist of skipping down Main Street, with the fresh sweet smell that comes from the surrounding eateries and shops and soaking in the magic whilst figuring out whether you’ll queue to meet Donald Duck or go to nab a fast pass for your favourite ride. Post Disney Blues are so real so I thought I would put together five things I like to do to help me cope with them.

Plan Your Next Trip
Whilst this seems like the most obvious solution to coping with missing Disney; it isn’t always feasible to be able to book another trip straight away; especially if you bought more snacks and merchandise than intended (indirecting myself here). However, I always like to have at least a rough idea of when my next trip will be, so it gives me something to look forward to. Whether your next trip will be in a couple of months or a year; having a trip to work towards helps with coping with the blues. You can use the time to plan outfits, plan where you’re going to eat and most importantly: put aside and save money if/when you can.

Watch Films You Associate With The Park
Something I really enjoy to do to help alleviate the Disney Blues is to watch films that I closely associate to that particular trip. For instance, going by my latest trip, I would watch Captain America (as he is a character we met), Tangled (as I disneybounded as Rapunzel) and Guardians of The Galaxy (as the dance party was a huge part of the trip for us). By doing so, you can relive your favourite moments from your trip and even though you won’t be in a Disney Park, you still get to be a in a Disney bubble.

Watch Videos Of Your Favourite Shows And Parades
This is something I love to do; from watching videos I have of Magic On Parade, Starlit Princess Waltz or getting up and dancing along with Betty as I watch a video of Make Your Choice. I also love to watch videos from when I visited during Halloween 2016 as that was an incredible season and the villains show and the parades were all so good; with catchy songs, fun colours and lots of favourite characters. Whilst this can make you miss your Disney trip(s) even more, its still nice to look back on the fun parades and shows that made your trip so enjoyable and you can also pretend that you’re back in the bubble from the comfort of your living room.

Go To Your Nearest Disney Store
There’s nothing quite like stepping into a Disney Store, hearing a familiar song that brings a smile to your face and being greeted by friendly Cast Members. What better way to help the blues by visiting a Disney Store and being surrounded by lots of beautiful goodies and just wandering about. Even if you don’t have the money to buy anything, its always fun to just soak up the magical atmosphere or even to just park yourself in front of the big screen and watch the different songs, trailers and music videos that are played.

Be Involved In The Online Disney Community
Since starting up this blog, I have found myself a lot more involved in the Disney community on Twitter and Instagram in particular. Everyone I’ve spoken to and become friends with have been lovely and we all obviously have a shared love of Disney. The #DisneyBloggersChat hosted every Thursday on Twitter is a great and fun way to talk to other like-minded people and the online Disney community is also a wonderful way to find small businesses that do fantastic Disney products.


Those are my five tips on how to cope with Post Disney Blues – but obviously there are lots of other ways to cope. Let me know some of your coping mechanisms in the comments below and don’t forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram (MainStreetPixie) for more Disney goodness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home