Keeping The Magic Alive


The world is a crazy place right now. Everything is scary, uncertain and we’re living in times of social distancing. It feels wrong to still be posting on Instagram and to even be sitting there thinking about blogging and social media at a time where the world is suffering so much.

I’ve struggled with this so much. I’ve debated with myself about what the point in social media is and why I’m even bothering with it right now. There’s a cloud of guilt hanging over me about posting colourful and happy photos when a darkness is taking over the world. Whenever I post on Instagram, I question whether it’s immoral and insensitive. Lots of people have assured me that it’s not and that they appreciate the sense of normalcy that some aspects of social media are bringing.

The more comments and reassuring words I received the more I thought about it. What better way to help try and cope with everything that’s going on than spreading love and magic on social media? With social distancing, self-isolating and quarantining in action – social media is one of the only ways we’re able to stay connected to our loved ones. Obviously, I’m not going to say that social media is a good escape from Coronavirus news because it’s a way for people to keep up to date with all the news and updates but if it can also act as a place for people to continue posting and staying in touch with friends, then surely it’s not completely a bad thing?

For a lot of people, like content creators/social media managers etc, social media is something they heavily rely on for their day to day life and now more than ever is definitely the time to be supporting their work and liking/commenting on those posts if you’re able.

At the moment, we’re all trying to find a new normal. For some people, that’s continuing to go to work until they physically can’t. A lot of people are struggling with not being able to go to work especially because of financial reasons. Some people are using self-isolation as a time to practice self-care. Some are using it as a time to enhance their creative skills or learn something new. For others, they’re binge watching Netflix shows or their favourite films. Whatever is the case for you, know that you’re doing okay and you’re not alone. We’re all trying to find what works best for us in times like this and the most important thing is that you’re taking care of yourself in the best way you can.

For me, I’m able to self-isolate due to already working from home. I’m grateful that I can do this to protect others as well as myself and for me, my new normal is trying to keep the magic alive by attempting to keep my online content as normal as possible. I’m still posting on Instagram and I’m going to be trying to post on my blog a lot more too.
The world is in a dark place right now, but I’m going to do my best to keep a light on in the best way I can and in a way that I know how to. Disney and theatre are so important to me and one thing both have taught me, especially recently, is that we all have magic in us that we can hold onto in hard times like this. Never forget that you’re not alone and if you need a friend to talk to – I’m a message away. Take care and keep shining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home