Five Disney+ Originals I'm Going To Stream When It Launches Tomorrow


The arrival of Disney+ in the UK is something that has been highly anticipated since its successful launch across the pond in November. Disney fans all across the UK were united as we counted down the days, made a list of everything we wanted to watch and took advantage of the pre-order offer to make sure we’re prepared for the 24th.

Obviously, since the announcement of the UK launch date of Disney+, a lot has changed and a lot of us are facing times of self-isolation/quarantining, so the imminent arrival of the streaming service is coming at a perfect time.  Whatever your personal circumstances may be, I’m sure we’ll all be able to immerse ourselves into Disney+ and relive our old favourites whilst streaming some new gems. For today’s post, I thought I would share with you all five new Disney+ originals I’ll be streaming from tomorrow.

The Mandalorian
Is anyone at all surprised here? Since baby yoda – or The Child if we’re using official names – came into everyone’s lives at the end of last year, I’ve been dying to properly get to meet the new Star Wars character that has stolen everyone’s hearts. I’ve already got a t-shirt and the plush version of The Child so clearly, I’m ready to go. Aside from baby yoda though, I’ve heard so many good things about the show that follows a lone bounty hunter (Pedro Pascal – can this show get any better?!) and his adventures following the fall of the Empire. The praise this show has received has me so excited to watch this and future Star Wars shows. 

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
Award for best show title automatically goes to this one. Besides, who doesn’t love HSM?! (please leave all negativity at the door) The show is set at East High School and follows a drama club who are set to perform ‘High School Musical: The Musical’. It basically sounds like a combination of High School Musical and Glee and I am so here for it. I am certain that this is the show that will provide the cheese, musical goodness and probably a bit of drama that we all need during a period of self-isolation.

The Imagineering Story
It’s a dark time in the world, made even darker by the fact that there are currently no Disney Parks open globally. My heart breaks just thinking about it. However, Disney+ is giving us a way to escape into the Disney parks magic from the comfort of our own homes. The Imagineering Story offers an in depth look at the history and the creation of the Disney parks and personally, I am so excited to immerse myself into the world of Disney parks and escape into the magic in the only way I can right now.

Lady and the Tramp (2019)
Live actions are always a hit and miss and they definitely tend to leave audiences divided. Personally speaking, I’ve loved some of the live actions Disney have produced but there have been a couple I haven’t been a fan of. However, I love Lady and the Tramp and I like to give all of the live actions a chance before I judge them so I’m looking forward to having this one on my list of things to watch and seeing what I think. Besides…it’s full of dogs so I doubt I could really dislike it anyway…

One Day at Disney
I don’t know too much about this Disney+ documentary, but I do know that it goes behind the scenes of the Disney magic – focusing on the cast members that help bring the magic to life. The documentary is a feature length film and then is followed by 52 short film length episodes following the cast members that work in the Disney magic. It sounds like a great way to get to know more about the Disney magic and the work that goes into bringing it to life.


In less than 24 hours, Disney+ will have launched in the UK and I’ll be able to start ticking off the items on my list as well as many other shows and films I’m looking forward to streaming. What are the first things you’ll be streaming? Let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home