Blogmas 2019: Day Fifteen - Our Flat Christmas Day


Happy Sunday, everyone! Sorry for missing yesterday’s Blogmas. I hadn’t prepared a post in advance for the day and it ended up being a super busy Saturday and then when I did have free time – I was too sick to write. But I’m trying not to beat myself up over it too much. Anyway, moving on to today’s Blogmas…

For the past three Christmases that we’ve lived in our flat, my girlfriend, our best friend and myself always have our own ‘Christmas Day’ before we all go home for the holidays and today was that day. So, once we’d all woken up and had cups of tea/coffee, we gathered into the living room where we opened our stockings and exchanged presents. I got the Ohana Lilo and Stitch Traditions figurine, a book called ‘Forest of Shadows’ which I believe bridges between the two Frozen films, Olaf slipper boots, Olaf socks and Red Vines. I feel truly spoilt and blessed to have received such thoughtful presents especially considering these are all things I’ve wanted or have mentioned in passing that I would like to buy one day. We also watched ‘Elf’ and ate snacks.

After the film had finished, we put on one of our favourite Christmas films, ‘The Holiday’ and whilst watching we also decided to play a game of monopoly. I’m doing quite well so far (the game is currently paused) so let’s hope I haven’t just jinxed that…

This evening, we’re going to indulge in a roast dinner, with all the trimmings (full vegetarian for Jade and I, of course) and also watch another Christmas film that is on our list and we’ll end the day with mince pies because it wouldn’t be Christmas without them.

I like that we have our little tradition like this because next week we’re all obviously at our family homes so it’s nice to be able to have a day where we can exchange presents and have our own mini Christmas before the big day as we won’t see each other until the day after Boxing Day. It’s a tradition that I’m sure we’ll keep up for as long as we live in this flat together.
Do you have traditions like this one where you have an extra Christmas Day before actual Christmas with anyone? Let me know and I hope you all have a super magical week ahead!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home