Blogmas 2019: Day Eight - Mini Reviews Of Five New Netflix Christmas Films


If you guys have been reading all my Blogmas posts then you’ll know that Day One’s post was all about five new Netflix Christmas films I wanted to watch this year. Well, I’m pleased to report back that in the space of that week I have managed to watch all five! We love that for me, don’t we? Anyway, I thought I would use today’s Blogmas post to share a few thoughts on each of the films mentioned in Blogmas Day One.

The Knight Before Christmas
Okay, remember how I said I would most likely ugly cry at this? I did. A lot. Sir Cole was the dreamiest Knight ever and his and Brooke’s relationship and the dynamic between the pair was everything. The film saw Sir Cole attempt to wrap his head around the modern world and it’s advanced technology as well as trying to discover and fulfil his one true quest, with the help of Brooke. This was the perfect kind of film for Christmas if you love romance movies and are inclined to shed a tear or two at the important message that it holds. I would definitely recommend giving it a watch!

A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby
First things first: I love this series of films. I fell in love with the first ever ‘A Christmas Prince’ film when it debuted on Netflix in 2017 and have excitedly awaited and watched the two sequels that followed on from it. This third instalment sees Queen Amber and King Richard eagerly preparing for the arrival of their baby. As well as this, the palace is also hosting another set of royals from another kingdom so they can renew a treaty. However, this sacred artefact goes missing and with suspicions on someone in the Palace – tensions are high. This film was perfect. I may even say that it was my favourite from the three? Although, I do love them all. It just had everything you could want from a Christmas movie and truly felt like a fairytale film. I’d highly suggest you watch it and have the tissues ready.

Klaus
You don’t see too many animated Christmas films these and in fact, I think this might be Netflix’s first original animation. The film follows Jesper the postman and Klaus the reclusive toymaker as they are brought together and begin to deliver toys and joy to a town that is cold and cut from each other. The film uncovers all the traditions we have at Christmas time from writing letters to Santa to the infamous ‘naughty or nice list’. It is most definitely the perfect family film for the festive season and, obviously, I cried. It’s a heartwarming story with an ending that will spark that magic of Christmas in your heart once again and will have the whole family wanting to write letters to Santa together.

Let It Snow
Think ‘Love Actually’ and combine it with a John Green novel (it was in fact based on a novel by him) set in America and that’s exactly what ‘Let It Snow’ was. It follows different teenagers in a small town in the midst of a bad snow storm, all facing different dilemmas that take place on Christmas Eve and of course, in true ‘Love Actually’ style, all the characters are connected in one way or another. It was most definitely the kind of film you want to watch at Christmas with elements of romance, comedy, some angst and as always – a lesson to be learnt. As well as this, it was a film that had representation including LGBTQ+ and POC rep. I loved it and it definitely gave me the ‘warm and fuzzies’ which is exactly what you want from a Christmas movie so again – I would definitely recommend it.


 There we have – my mini reviews of all the films I wanted to watch at the beginning of Blogmas. What we’ve gathered is that I loved them all and that I cry a lot. Have you seen any of them? Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home