What Are My Disney Park Essentials?


It feels like time has dragged even more than usual between my last Disney trip and now, but I’m so pleased that I can finally say that I’m off to Disneyland Paris next weekend. Honestly, the wait for this trip has been torturous but we’re now in the final stages of a pre Disney trip which means getting last bits together and going to exchange money into Euros etc. With my trip being so close, I thought it would be the perfect timing to put together a ‘What’s in my park bag’ style blog and talk you guys through what you’ll typically find in my park bag.

Annual Pass
It would not be a Disney trip without my AP. No but there literally would be no Disney trip without this gem, because if I didn’t bring it with me then entrance into the park would be extremely difficult and extremely expensive. As well as the obvious though, I always have my annual pass to hand for when I’m in shops and restaurants to get me those always handy discounts. Those 10% discounts may not seem like much but it all adds up and saves you a lot of money when you’re buying food or merchandise.

Ears
Okay so these don’t stay in my bag much but they are most definitely one of my park essentials. If I’m doing a Disneybound then my ears will usually be themed to the particular character I’m bounding as. However, if I’m just wearing a cute Disney themed outfit, then my ears will either match in colour or will be of a similar style to my outfit. You will rarely see me in a Disney Park without ears (unless I’m doing my Rapunzel bound where I’ll be wearing my flower crown) because it’s just a big part of Disney for me. I’ve found that ears have really helped build my confidence when meeting characters as the ears can tend to be a good catalyst for conversation and a good ice-breaker.

Portable Charger
When you’re having a long Disney day, your phone isn’t just your phone. It’s your camera, your itinerary and if you have the official Disneyland Paris app then it’s also your map and you’ll find yourself constantly refreshing the app to check wait times for queues and what time your favourite character is meeting etc. Also, long queues also tend to be good times to catch up on social media or play a game on your phone so your battery is going to run low fast. Because of this, I always like to carry  a portable charger with me and when we sit down for a meal or when we’re on a ride – my phone will be safely tucked into my bag whilst charging. It’s not just us that need the recharge during a Disney day!

Money
Okay, so this one seems really obvious but when I go to Disneyland Paris, I like to carry not only my card but also cash on me. I always get paranoid about what places will and will not accept card so always having a mixture of both my card and euros on me guarantees that I’m covered for whatever payment method is required.

Bottle of Water
Again, this may seem real obvious but staying hydrated is seriously a key factor to surviving a Disney day. Although the weather isn’t constantly hot over in Disneyland Paris – you’re still on your feet a lot and moving about and having long days so I always like to have water on me to make sure I’m staying hydrated and keeping my energy up.

Disney Cozy
I don’t know about you guys, but as soon as the Cable Car Bake Shop opens – we’re in there for our very healthy breakfast that usually consists of a cup of tea or coffee accompanied by a croissant or Nutella doughnut balls. See? So healthy. Usually, the takeaway cup they put your drink in will burn my fingers off so I always like to carry my cozy with me. Usually at home they can be found on my Starbucks cup but when in Disney, they’re handy for stopping my fingers from burning or from freezing if I’ve got a cold drink. You can find a great range of Disney themed cozies at PixieDustCrochet’s store here.


So, there you have it. Six of the things that you will absolutely always find in my park bag. How about you? What are your park essentials? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home