Disneyland Paris' Marvel Summer of Superheroes


Sunday 17th June marked mine and my girlfriend’s 5 year anniversary, so in keeping with the tradition of the past two years; we went to Disneyland Paris for the weekend. The weekend also happened to be within the first week of DLP’s Summer of Superheroes celebrations. Being big Marvel fans ourselves; my girlfriend and I were excited to see what Disney had in store for us. I was highly impressed with the season itself so obviously I had to share with you all my highlights of Disneyland Paris’ Summer of Superheroes.

Meeting Captain America
I won’t get into talking about booking this meet and greet through Lineberty because I will probably post a review of the app at some point so I will just focus this on the meet itself.  I can honestly say, hands down, it was one of the best meets I’ve ever had at Disneyland Paris. We were Disney Bounding as Captain America and The Winter Soldier respectively and we both got Captain America’s seal of approval; he took time to talk to us, compliment our outfits and take photos. We never felt rushed at any point and the meet made the stress of Lineberty from that morning worth it. Furthermore, seeing people’s posts and photos from meeting Captain America; its obvious he was a huge success with everyone.



Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Dance-Off
Star-Lord, Gamora, cheesy music and dancing. What sounds better? The Awesome Dance-Off that takes place daily in the Studios is undoubtedly one of the best stage shows that Disneyland Paris has. You get to dance along with Peter and Gamora whilst simultaneously fighting evil…essentially you become an honorary Guardian of the Galaxy. If you want to be as involved as possible then I definitely recommend you get there early to ensure a front row spot because you may just get picked to go up on stage. On the Saturday of our trip, I was picked by Gamora to go on stage and join in with the dancing, and let me just tell you; I loved it. Disneyland definitely brings out my confidence and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to dance on stage with Peter Quill and Gamora. Personally, I think this show should be on in the studios all year round!



Themed Food
If you know anything about me, then you know I enjoy food; particularly themed food, and Disneyland Paris’ Marvel Summer of Superheroes definitely did not disappoint when it came to themed food. They had so much to choose from, from Captain America and Spiderman Beignets (4,99 euros each and so massive that its definitely value for money) which were delicious to the tasty yet messy Spider-Web burger. They also had scrumptious (and hard to eat because it was so cute) Groot shortbread filled with chocolate. There were plenty of other snacks which we didn’t try, such as ice-cream and cupcakes. It is safe to say that Disneyland Paris took the call for more themed snacks seriously and hopefully this is a good sign of what is to come with DLP and their food on offer.

 


Collectibles
Let’s be real – I never thought I’d need an Infinity Gauntlet until I saw it launched at Disney Parks in America. I was disappointed until it became obvious that it was going to be available in Disneyland Paris during Summer of Superheroes. So, one of the first things we did upon our arrival last Friday (after pineapple whips, obviously) was head over to the Studios so we could see the incredible Iron Man, Hulk and Black Panther statues (which are massive) and then purchase the Infinity Gauntlet and the Groot cup. Both are perfect for either displaying purposes or using to drink out of and I would definitely recommend buying them. Other merchandise available included t-shirts, ears, bags, purses and plushes. We may also have picked up a baby Groot plush because it was too cute to resist.

 

 These were the main highlights for me that really made the Marvel Summer of Superheroes experience unforgettable. Of course there was also the Stark Expo Show which is on daily and alternates between French and English performances and was thoroughly enjoyable. The Heroes United show is also meant to be very good, but unfortunately we did not catch that this weekend. Overall, the season was highly enjoyable for Marvel fans of all ages and personally, I’m hoping I can get another trip booked before the season ends on the 30th September. This season has further excited me for what the future could hold when Marvel land opens in Disneyland Paris.


 Have you got a trip planned during Summer of Superheroes? Let me know in the comments what you’re most looking forward to!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home