5 Sights in London For Disney Fans


Living in London means there’s so many different Disney sights for me to discover; from filming locations to shops and landmarks. In this blog post, I thought I would share with you all five things Disney fans must do/visit when in London. So whether you live here and want some Disney at Home experiences or if you’re on holiday in London – I’ve got you covered.

Disney Street
Yes, a Disney Street actually exists and I’m lucky enough to live a stone’s throw away from it! If you find yourself in the South East side of London, then I would highly recommend venturing into the Borough of Southwark and snapping a photo of the infamous Disney Street. I can only imagine how satisfying it must be to say that you live on this amazingly named street.

Peter Pan Statue
This one is a must-do for all Lost Boy fans. The original creator of Peter Pan, JM Barrie was a local resident and took much inspiration from Kensington Gardens and so he commissioned a Peter Pan statue to be built in the gardens and it has been widely popular since 1912. So if you want some Neverland magic whilst in London then you should certainly pay a visit to Peter’s statue. Just don’t forget your Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust.

Regents Park
Apart from being one of the most famous parks in London, Regents Park is also renown for being the meeting spot of Roger, Pongo, Anita and Perdita in the 101 Dalmatians animation. Apart from its idyllic views and its close proximity to London Zoo, Regents Park is also appealing to Dalmatian fans for this very reason. When the weather is warm, its perfect to bask in the sunshine and see if you can spot (excuse my pun) any Dalmatians…

Disney Store Oxford Street
The Disney Store on Oxford Street boasts two large floors of Disney goodness, Disney quotes painted on the walls, Disney music on loop and lots of friendly Cast Members. Whenever I visit a new city, whether it’s in the U.K or abroad, I always like to try and visit a Disney Store and I bet you’re all the same so I’d imagine it’s already quite high up on your list of things to do when in London. I know visiting this store is high up on a lot of peoples Disney Bucket Lists and I feel so lucky that I get to visit it so regularly.

Watch The Lion King or Aladdin on Stage
The Lion King has been on at London’s West End for nearly twenty years and having experienced it twice myself in that timeline; I couldn’t recommend it enough. From the staging to our favourite classic songs to the wonderful cast – The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre is an amazing experience. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet seen Aladdin but I’ve heard nothing but praises for this fan favourite musical and I am excited to one day see it. The West End offers a wide range of shows for everyone and its nice to know that extends to Disney fans too!


Obviously there are other Disney sights that you wouldn’t want to miss when in London (honourable mentions going to Portobello Road Market as featured in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, St Paul’s Cathedral as featured in Mary Poppins and Big Ben as featured in Peter Pan), but those are five that I would highly recommend! What are your favourite Disney sights in London? Do you have any in the city where you live?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home