Reverse Disneyland Paris Bucket List


I’ve previously written a post focusing on 5 Things I Want to Experience at Disneyland Paris. Having been lucky enough to visit DLP rather frequently in the past couple of years, I thought I would write a Disneyland Paris version of a ‘reverse bucket list’ and talk about things I can gladly say that I already have ticked off.

Annual Passes
Having an Annual Pass for a Disney Park always seemed like an unattainable dream for me. However, in September 2016 – on my second ever Disneyland Paris trip – I was able to make this dream a reality. Having an annual pass obviously allows me to visit my favourite place as much as financially possible but there are many more perks to it. From restaurant and shop discounts (and free soft drinks in certain restaurants), you make your money back on annual passes from just one trip and it is most definitely a worthy investment. I’m so glad that this is something I can say I have because, for so long, it was a bucket list item.

Halloween Season
In 2016, I was able to visit Disneyland Paris amid the Halloween celebrations, and it’s safe to say that I fell in love with it. Autumnal/harvest décor embodied the Park and it was Pumpkins galore. Walking down Main Street, you were greeted by ghostly friends adorning the fronts of the shops. The additional Halloween Parade was filled with our favourite characters; all donning warm and colourful costumes which simply added to the Halloween feel. We were also treated to a Villains show daily, ‘It’s Good to Be Bad’, and let me tell you; the song was stuck in my head for days after this trip. You were also able to meet the villains following the show, and it was performed several times a day – alternating between French and English. Apart from getting the opportunity to meet your favourite characters dressed in Halloween themed costumes, we were also able to meet characters such as Jack Skellington (which is still one of my favourite character meets to this day). To give the character interactions more of a Halloween feel, you also received a small packet of sweets as part of the ‘trick or treat’. I would wholeheartedly recommend experiencing the Halloween season in DLP.

 


 Disneybounding
Disneybounding is something I’ve briefly talked about in previous posts and it’s something that lots of people in the Disney community love to take part in. It’s the perfect way of paying homage to your favourite character/attraction/anything Disney related your imagination can conjure up! Whilst it’s not something I do all the time on trips; I still enjoy it when I do Disneybound. It’s a fantastic way to strike up more interactions with characters and cast members alike. My girlfriend and I once bounded as Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps and one of the Toy Story Green Army Men recognised us during Parade!

Gates Opening
Being an Annual Pass Holder means I get the benefit of Extra Magic Time (which is an hour in the morning before the official park opening time for Pass Holders and Disney Hotel guests alike to enjoy) so this means that I, along with other excited guests, get to be there for the moment the Cast Members open the gates and everyone floods into the Park. Depending on when you’re visiting; it can be practically empty during this time so it’s the most perfect opportunity to pose for those infamous Castle photos, meet any characters that are out without much of a queue and being able to walk straight on to ride Peter Pan’s Flight.

First Boat for Pirates
Once we’d completed everything we wanted to do during EMT, we used to love waiting for the rope drop of the Pirates of Caribbean ride (which is in my top five attractions). One of my best memories of this was when we made it onto the first boat of people that set sail on the first Pirates of the Caribbean voyage of that day. Our priorities have since changed and we instead focus on either heading straight onto Big Thunder Mountain at rope drop or collecting fastpasses for it.


There we have it! Five Disneyland Paris Reverse Bucket List things that I can check off. What does your list look like? Let me know in the comments and also let me know if we share any common reverse bucket list items!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home