What I'm Taking To Disney


This Friday, I’m heading to Disneyland Paris for my birthday trip (booked as a surprise for me by my wonderful girlfriend), so naturally I thought this week’s blog post should focus on what I’m taking to Disney with me.

For the past couple of months, this side of the pond has been having crazy weather changes and we have been experiencing arctic conditions; even at this time of the year. Just last week, the weather app on my phone was telling me that we would be getting highs of just 2 – 3 degrees Celsius and lows of roughly -6 whilst in Disney. A week later and the temperatures are set to rise this weekend. This is obviously good news but also means my outfits for the weekend have changed several times; hence why these aren’t included in this post.

As I’ve previously mentioned, I always like to buy Disney accessories prior to a trip so I’m not breaking the bank whilst there; particularly customised ears. As I’m only there for three days this trip, I’ve chosen to take three pairs of head accessories with me. My beautiful Stitch ears (from ImagineEarsUK on Etsy), always tend to make an appearance at least once on any Disney trip. After all – I must have a part of my favourite blue alien on me all the time! I’m also taking the light-up Star Wars ears (purchased in Star Traders in Discoveryland in DLP) because I can’t not represent my Star Wars love – especially during Season of the Force. The final head accessory I’m taking is a flower crown because what better place to wear a flower crown and feel like a Princess than Disneyland??


If it weren’t already obvious, Peter Pan holds a special place in the hearts of my girlfriend and I. Our Peter Pan plush has been on every Disney trip with us (bar one trip when we were in the middle of touring a few European countries to see our favourite band and had minimal suitcase space) and this trip is no exception. However, this time, he’ll also be joined by the newly released Wendy plush from the Disney Store. We always have the best interactions with Peter, particularly with the aid of the plush version of him so I’m excited to see how himself and Wendy will take to both plushes.


An autograph book was something I was always in two minds about for some reason. However, on my last trip in September of last year, I decided that I would take the plunge and buy this cute Minnie Mouse autograph book. I managed to get a fair few autographs last year and I’m looking forward to taking it back this weekend to see who else’s autograph I can get.
For Christmas last year, I finally received something I’d been wanting for a while – this ice blue Instax Mini 9 Polaroid camera. Disney trips were one of the biggest motivations for me wanting this gorgeous camera and I’m looking forward to getting some fun Polaroids with characters this weekend.


Finally, as it’s my birthday, I couldn’t resist getting a beautiful custom-made birthday button (From LostPrincessParkPins on Etsy). Despite being another year older this week; I’ll never forget my favourite Lost Boy’s message to Never Grow Up.

I’m so excited to be going home this weekend and trying new things – such as Inventions Sunday Brunch. Will any of you be in DLP this week? Let me know below!

Comments

  1. I hope you have a fab time and that it isn't too cold while you're there! I can't wait to start planning everything for my trip but it's not till December boo! I will definitely be purchasing at least one pair of ears to take with me though although I don't know how I'm going to choose as I've found so many I love! I'm also torn over the idea of an autograph book I don't know if I'm going to get one yet as I'd rather get lots of pictures with the characters!

    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home