Disneyland Paris On a Low Budget - My Top Five Tips

Organising your first Disneyland Paris trip can be quite daunting, even more so when you’re having to do the trip on a low budget. Growing up, I never thought that visiting Disneyland would be possible. To me, the idea always seemed so far-fetched because of the price tag that comes with it. However, in 2016, having a disposable income and having discovered that a Disneyland Paris trip is possible even when on a budget; I took the plunge and booked my very first trip. Now, every trip I go on, is a budget trip. For me, this means I’m able to go more often. As I know it can all be quite overwhelming, I have put together a list of what I think my top five tips would be for doing DLP on a lower budget. As a disclaimer, I’m in no way an “expert” – just a Disney lover wanting to help others out if I can.

5. Take water bottles
This one is handy for not only saving money but also ensuring that you stay hydrated. Temperatures can soar up to 40 degrees Celsius in the warmer months, but no matter what season you visit during; you’re constantly on your feet and walking around, so staying hydrated is key. Furthermore, Disneyland Paris have numerous water fountains dotted around where you can fill up your water bottles for free. Currently, the Disney Store have a whole range of water bottles for sale – including their stainless steel range, selling for £10 each. I recently bought the 101 Dalmatians one for myself and I’m looking forward to taking it with me on my upcoming Disney trip. Most importantly, this saves you from having to spend money you don’t necessarily have on buying drinks throughout the day.

4. Buy Disney Accessories Before You Go
One thing I always like to do before any Disney trip is look into what merchandise I can get before I go; particularly Disney ears. A favourite place of mine to look on is Etsy; where you can support small businesses without necessarily breaking the bank. Primark also have a vast range of Disney related items to offer, from bags to t-shirts to travel kits. This way, you’re able to invest into great Disney bits to take with you on your trip and you have money to spend on Disneyland exclusive merchandise when you’re on your trip; particularly pins.

3. One ‘Big’ Restaurant Per Trip
It is obviously a well-known fact that Disney restaurants can come with a hefty price tag especially if you’re being mindful of how much you’re spending. It’s for this reason, that we tend to only go for one “big” restaurant per trip. A favourite contender for our ‘treat restaurant’ tends to be Agrabah Café; a Middle Eastern buffet restaurant costing around 32 Euros per adult. For the rest of the trip, we like to go Counter Service restaurants such as Café Hyperion, which costs around 30 euros for two adults. Aside from this, the Disney village hosts a whole variety of restaurants at reasonable prices; from McDonalds to Planet Hollywood.

2. Stay Offsite
Obviously when you’re looking into booking a Disney getaway, the idea of staying in a Disney hotel sounds the most appealing. However, if you are on a tight budget and you’re wanting to save on the hotel cost, then I would highly recommend staying offsite. With the popular Val D’Europe a few minutes away – by train – from Disneyland Paris, it is definitely the place I would recommend to stay during your trip, especially with a whole host of hotels to offer you; all within reasonable price ranges. The IBIS Budget is my firm favourite and I always stay there on our trips. The rooms are clean and have everything you can need, particularly if you’re not spending much time in the hotel.

1. Invest in an Annual Pass
On our second ever trip to Disneyland Paris, we made the decision to invest in Annual Passes. At the time, these priced up at 170 euros each. Whilst this may seem like a lot of money, the annual pass (depending on which tier you get) can save you money on restaurants and shops, and even money off on Disney hotels. Aside from this, you are also able to make use of the Extra Magic Hour before park opening. The money you save on all of these things plus the other advantages of an Annual Pass definitely make it a worthy investment – even if you only ever intend on visiting once. Our annual passes have since expired and the prices and format have changed but we are once again making an investment in these on our next trip. Click here for all you need to know about the annual passes.



So there we have it! Those are my top five tips to doing Disneyland Paris on a lower budget. What would your tips be? Let me know in the comments below if this was helpful to you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris

Disney at Home