Disney at Home

With Disney being such an important part of my life, and with frequent visits to Disneyland Paris, it’s only natural that Disney is incorporated into various aspects of my home life.

In October of last year, I moved into my own flat with my girlfriend and our best friend. Having a whole place to ourselves meant we were free to furnish it how we please, and obviously that had to include some Disney magic sprinkled around the flat.

Our living room is home to our beautiful dark wood bookcase, in which the middle shelf is home to our growing collection of shiny o-ring DVDs. Thus far, we have 32 in our collection that sit underneath a bed of Tsum Tsums. On top of the bookcase sits two of my favourite purchases we’ve made whilst in Disneyland Paris: our working Cogsworth and Lumiere figurines. These two items are quite pricey so we saved up for them and purchased both on two separate DLP trips with the aid of our Annual Pass discounts. Alongside them sits our Mrs Potts moneybox and Enchanted light up Rose; both from Primark.

Moving on to the kitchen brings us to my favourite cupboard: the Disney mug cupboard. Yes, there is a whole cupboard dedicated solely to our collection of Disney mugs. I must admit that this cupboard is quite simply our pride and joy. The mugs are mostly from the Disney Store with the odd one bought over in Disneyland Paris and we even have a Peter Pan mug bought for us as a present from Disney World. With a selection like this – we’re never at a loss for mug choice!


One of the biggest ways I like to represent my love for Disney at home is through clothing. Primark has been a Godsend for all things Disney clothing, from the super soft Stitch jumper to the cute and stylish Mickey Mouse ice-cream cone t-shirt, they have different items of clothing to represent a whole variety of your favourite characters.

Apart from shopping for Disney goodies in the high-street shops and the obvious choices of Disney Store and at DLP itself; I love finding small businesses on the likes of Etsy and Instagram for Disney products and apparel. A favourite find on Etsy was these beautiful Disney prints from BearandLouDesigns. Printed with a matte finish and then encased in white frames, these gorgeous Princess prints bring a beautiful touch of Disney magic to our room.


It definitely wouldn’t be a Disney household if we didn’t own any kind of plushes and we definitely have that covered; ranging from a giant Stitch, Peter Pan and three different Winnie the Poohs that belong to my girlfriend.

The Disney magic is well and truly represented in my home life and I wouldn’t have it any other way. From a Mickey Mouse shaped ice tray to a Peter Pan clock; we’ve got it all covered, and writing this blog piece made me realise just how much Disney is in several aspects of my life.


How do you have Disney represented at home? And where are your favourite places to shop for those all important Disney at Home bits? 

Comments

  1. We are exactly the same! A cupboard full of Disney mugs but I have to rotate them all every now and then so they all get some love! :)

    Loving the Beauty And The Beast Collection you have!

    Zoe | nuggetstumpblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah it’s always fun playing ‘which mug to use today’

      Ahh thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Never Grow Up

Why I Love Disneyland Paris